- 2 classroom sessions
- 1 confined water session
- 1 dive session (weather dependent)
- Max depth: 82’
This course is designed for those wishing to take his or her spearfishing to the next level with focus on safety and techniques. Taught by Ren Chapman, Brandon West and Bruce Mock.
Prerequisites: No prerequisites for this course although the Freediver level course is highly recommended.
- Perfect For:
- Becoming a safe spearfisherman
- Learning spearfishing diving techniques
- Developing vital skills for both freediving and spearfishing
- Speargun/Equipment for success
- Ethical spearfishing practices
- Becoming more comfortable in the water
- Training techniques to better performance
- Sample Schedule:
- Day 1 classroom 6pm-8:30pm
- Day 2 classroom 9am-1pm, confined water 2pm-5:30pm
- Day 3 open water 8am-3pm
- *schedule may vary depending on boat costs, quarry fees and conditions at specific locations
Recommendations: We encourage spearfishing course students to bring what gear you have to the course. If you do not yet have gear you will have the opportunity to purchase or rent needed equipment.
- Required Gear:
- wetsuit (3mm in NC, variable in other locations)
- weight belt/weights
- timing device (dive computer or cheapo watch with stopwatch)
We also recommend you bring a bathing suit, towel and writing utensil for the lectures.
Please note that boat charter fees associated with our courses are not included in the course tuition. Fees run $100/person, quarry $20.