- 2 classroom sessions
- 1 workshop session
- 1 dive session (weather dependent)
- Max depth: 82’
This spearfishing course is designed for those wishing to take his or her spearfishing to the next level with focus on safety and techniques. Taught by Ren Chapman and Brandon West of NC Spearfishing.
Prerequisites: No prerequisites for this course though a Freediver (level 1) course is highly recommended to increase success in the spearfishing course.
Learn techniques for hunting multiple fish species.
- Perfect For:
- Becoming a safe spearfisherman
- Learning spearfishing diving techniques
- Developing vital skills for both freediving and spearfishing
- Speargun/Equipment for success
- Ethical spearfishing practices
- Becoming more comfortable in the water
- Training techniques to better performance
Learn to take care of your fish catch
- Sample Schedule:
- Day 1 classroom 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Day 2 classroom 9:00am-1:00pm, workshop 2:00pm-5:30pm
- Day 3 open water 9am-3:00pm
- If weather permits the class will culminate in a guided spearfishing trip. Charter prices are not included in the cost of this course and will be discussed ahead of time with students.
- If weather does not permit an ocean dive spearfishing techniques will be practiced at Mystery Lake Scuba Park in Wendell, NC. Quarry cost is $20.
Recommendations: We encourage spearfishing course students to bring what gear you have to the course. If you have zero gear then you will have the opportunity to purchase or rent needed equipment.
- Required Gear:
- wetsuit (3mm in NC, variable in other locations)
- weight belt/weights
- timing device (dive computer or cheapo watch with stopwatch)
We also recommend you bring a bathing suit, towel and writing utensil for the lectures.
Location information for Wilmington, NC can be found here: Wilmington, NC
Spearfishing Videos By Ren Chapman