- This event has passed.
Wilmington Freediver September 2-4
September 2 - September 4$499.00
- 2 classroom sessions
- 1-2 static breathold sessions (depending on location)
- 1-2 dive sessions (depending on location)
- Max depth: 66’
- Max static: 4:00
Prerequesites: None, although some water experience is recommended. If you are unsure about which PFI course is best for your level, email us with any questions and we will get you sorted out.
- Perfect For:
- Becoming a safe freediver
- Learning both competitive and spearfishing diving techniques
- Getting deeper
- Developing vital skills for both freediving and spearfishing
- Improving your static or dynamic skills
- Learning to better manage your air while SCUBA diving
- Becoming more comfortable in the water
- Sample Schedule:
- Day 1 classroom 6pm-8:30pm
- Day 2 classroom 9am-1pm, confined water 2pm-5:30pm
- Day 3 open water 8am-3pm
- *schedule may vary depending on boat cost, quarry costs and conditions at specific locations
- *ocean sessions in NC include a wreck dive with sharks after the course, weather permitting though quarry diving is the most likely scenario
Recommendations: We do not encourage people to purchase a new set of freedive gear for this course as we will discuss proper freediving gear at length in class. Bring whatever you already have, whether it’s Scuba gear, freedive gear, snorkel gear, or backyard swimming pool gear. Though freedive specific gear will best suit the maximum depth allowance for this course, it is not necessary for successful completion.
- Required Gear:
- wetsuit (3mm in NC, variable in other locations)
- weight belt/weights
- timing device (dive computer or cheapo watch with stopwatch)
We also recommend you bring a bathing suit, towel and writing utensil for the lectures.
quarry fee $20