Spearfishing Course August 20-22
August 20 - August 22$450
Advanced Spearfishing Techniques
- 2 classroom sessions
- 1 Pool Session
- 1 dive session (weather dependent)
- Max depth: 82’
Prerequisites: No prerequisites for this course.
Learn techniques for hunting multiple fish species
- Perfect For:
- Becoming a safe spearfisherman
- Learning spearfishing diving techniques
- Developing vital skills for both freediving and spearfishing
- Speargun/Equipment for success
- Ethical spearfishing practices
- Becoming more comfortable in the water
- Training techniques to better performance
Learn to take care of your fish catch
- Sample Schedule:
- Day 1 classroom 6pm-8pm
- Day 2 classroom 8am-1pm, pool 2pm-5pm
- Day 3 open water 8am-3pm
- *schedule may vary depending on boat cost and conditions at specific locations
- *ocean sessions in NC include a wreck dive
Recommendations: We encourage spearfishing course students to bring what gear you have to the course and if you have zero gear then you will have the opportunity to purchase or rent needed equipment.
- Required Gear:
- wetsuit (3mm in NC, variable in other locations)
- weight belt/weights
- timing device (dive computer or cheapo watch with stopwatch)
We also recommend you bring a bathing suit, towel and writing utensil for the lectures.
Please note that boat charter fees associated with our courses are not included in the course tuition. Fees run $100/person.