Wilmington Freediver Children’s Course June 28-30
June 28 - June 30$425
10 Spots Available
- 2 classroom sessions
- 1-2 static breathold sessions (depending on location)
- 1-2 dive sessions (depending on location)
- Max depth: 66’
- Max static: 4:00
Although we’ve worked with many children over the years, including our own little fish of course, this is our first ever kids only course! The course is designed to introduce kids 12 and under to our underwater world. The course, held over a weekend, will be scheduled with younger kids in mind. Not too much class at once, plenty of pool time and lots of breaks. Parents are not invited to the class sessions because yes, we are major distractions to our children. You are, however, definitely invited to watch at the pool and MOST definitely invited (and encouraged) to join us for the ocean session.
As I mentioned, this course is designed to introduce your child to the ocean and “advanced snorkeling”. We are not going to be encouraging your young child to set new depth records. Each child will excel at his or her own pace and we’ll be there every step of the way to show them how to handle their new skills responsibly and safely while allowing them to explore their potential. This is the perfect opportunity for your kids to learn safety from one of the best safety freedivers in the world.
If you have any specific questions or if you want more detailed information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, hope to see you and your mer-kid in June!
Ren and Ashley
Prerequesites: None, although some water experience is recommended. If you are unsure about which PFI course is best for your level, email us with any questions and we will get you sorted out.
- Perfect For:
- Becoming a safe freediver
- Learning both competitive and spearfishing diving techniques
- Getting deeper
- Developing vital skills for both freediving and spearfishing
- Improving your static or dynamic skills
- Learning to better manage your air while SCUBA diving
- Becoming more comfortable in the water
- Sample Schedule:
- Day 1 classroom 6pm-8pm
- Day 2 classroom 8am-1pm, pool 2pm-5pm
- Day 3 ocean 8am-3pm
- *schedule may vary depending on boat cost and conditions at specific locations
- *ocean sessions in NC include a wreck dive with sharks after the course, weather permitting
Recommendations: We do not encourage people to purchase a new set of freedive gear for this course as we will discuss proper freediving gear at length in class. Bring whatever you already have, whether it’s Scuba gear, freedive gear, snorkel gear, or backyard swimming pool gear. Though freedive specific gear will best suit the maximum depth allowance for this course, it is not necessary for successful completion.
- Required Gear:
- wetsuit (3mm in NC, variable in other locations)
- weight belt/weights
- timing device (dive computer or cheapo watch with stopwatch)
Please note that boat charter fees associated with our courses are not included in the course tuition. Fees run $100/person.
Location information for Wilmington, NC can be found here: Wilmington, NC
10 Spots Available