- This event has passed.
Montauk Intermediate July 22-25
July 22, 2017 - July 25, 2017
6 Spots Available
2-3 classroom sessions (depending on location)
2 static breathold sessions
2-3 dive sessions (depending on location)
Max depth: 132’
Max static: no limit
Prerequesites: None, although some water experience is recommended. If you are unsure about which PFI course is best for your level, email us with any questions and we will get you sorted out.
- Perfect For:
- Becoming a safe freediver
- Learning both competitive and spearfishing diving techniques
- Getting deeper
- Developing vital skills for both freediving and spearfishing
- Improving your static or dynamic skills
- Learning to better manage your air while SCUBA diving
- Becoming more comfortable in the water
- Sample Schedule:
- Day 1 classroom 8-2, pool 3-6
- Day 2 pool 8-10, classroom 11-1, ocean 2-5
- Day 3 classroom 8-1, ocean 2-5
- Day 4 ocean 8-12
- *schedule may vary depending on boat cost and conditions at specific locations
Recommendations: We do not encourage people to purchase a new set of freedive gear for this course as we will discuss proper freediving gear at length in class. Bring whatever you already have, whether it’s Scuba gear, freedive gear, snorkel gear, or backyard swimming pool gear. Though freedive specific gear will best suit the maximum depth allowance for this course, it is not necessary for successful completion.
- Required Gear:
- wetsuit (3mm in NC, variable in other locations)
- weight belt/weights
- timing device (dive computer or cheapo watch with stopwatch)
We also recommend you bring a bathing suit, towel and writing utensil for the lectures.
Please note that boat charter fees associated with our courses are not included in the course tuition. Fees usually run between $30 and $90 per person depending on location.