- This event has passed.
Explore Yucatan Feb 4-12, 2017
February 4 - February 12$2100.00
2 of 12 spots available
Join 11x world record holder and Venezuelan champion Carlos Coste, 3x world record holder and current U.S. Champion Ashley Chapman, renowned safety diver and competition organizer Ren Chapman and photographer and AIDA International judge, Gaby Coste for “Explore Yucatan, a Cenotes Experience”.
The adventure begins and ends in the international hub of Cancun, Mexico with inexpensive flights to and from North and South America as well as Europe. The action packed trip includes 7 days of underwater exploration through the Yucatan peninsula including visits to ancient Mayan ruins!
The 7 day adventure includes:
- Dive exploration in 8-12 cenotes throughout the Yucatan peninsula including popluar dive locations and pristine, rural, “off the beaten path” dives
- Land excursions to 2 Mayan ruin sites
- Daily yoga/pranayama sessions
- Special training on the dive lines including depth, no fins diving, other interests
- Accommodations for all 7 days and 8 nights in three different hacienda/hotels to include Cenotillo, Uxmal and Riviera Maya
- Travel by private van and/or bus for all 7 days
- Meals and snacks provided each day including special meals at restaurants
- Access to all lines, floats, rig system for diving in the cenotes
- Direct access to team coaching by Carlos and Gaby Coste and Ren and Ashley Chapman
- Direct supervision during dives by the following and/or a dive buddy off the dive rig
- Basic photo and video package provided by Gaby Coste
Additional options include:
- Upgraded photo package provided by Gaby Coste
Adventure route (a detailed map of cenote, hacienda and ruin locations will be provided upon registration):
The tentative schedule:
February 4-5: Arrive at Cancun International Airport. Group “welcome” supper in Cancun before embarking to Cenotillo. Explore cenotes in the area.
Headquaters at La Quinta (private accommodations).
February 6-8: Explore cenotes and Mayan ruins in the Uxmal area.
Headquarters at Uxmal Resort Maya.
February 9-11: Explore cenotes in the Riviera Maya area. Bed base will be Playa del Carmen
February 12: Group “goodbye” breakfast in Play del Carmen before departing for Cancun International Airport.
Headquarters at Hotel Casa Tucan.
- Participant must have AIDA level 2, PFI Freediver or equivalent experience